Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
lmao I know what my dude Mr R is looking for! No doubt!

R you know as well or better than anybody that those measurements would also depend on the car as each car will be different. Some faster some slower due to many factors,driver mod ,bolt ons(quality,part efficiency),gas etc but definitely you want to see and feel an increase in performance. Guess that’s why it would perhaps interest me more to see at least a few dynos like what I have seen on the BM3 side.

I am interested in seeing afr’s under boost and rpms, power curves, areas under the curb and most importantly see how safe the tune is. Torque curve is also of high interest. Then do comparisons to other tunes.

It is conceivable that tunes can vary from car to car. One Bm3 car may perform in a straight line better than a car with Xtune while another car with the same Xtune may outperform the Bm3 car. One car may be faster but will it last,is it running faster safely in terms of afr,timing etc.

So someone somewhere please post an AA dyno with all the plots so we can see. Hopefully a couple of cars will participate so we can see and get some kind of idea as myself and R are suggesting.

PS hope to upload and dyno my car soon and post.
I'm 100% with you, but you know its much easier to spend $149 on Dragy a Performance Meter throw it on a flat surface whether track or whatever. Test out your 0-60mph, 1/4mile, 1/2mile, 62-124mph(100-200KM) or 60-130mph back to back and throughout weeks with different fuels/weather/tires than spending the same time and more money on a Dyno

From my experience I have about 20 Dyno Pulls on my baby Mustang and Dynojet, but dyno's are the ones that can vary more than your 0-60mph why?
For ex with Dragy has 1% slope whereas Vbox has 3%, which means Dragy is even more realistic

AFR/Boost/Rpms you see this with a proper log a Dyno will only show you a single gear log, unless you're able to go to a real dynoer tuner who will run through multiple gears ?

But i agree both are equally good to me, some cars put a good Dyno show but do not represent it when it comes to putting the number in the street then what good does it do ?
As of 2018 I am now happy of seeing faster times with the Performance Meters with bm3 logging as I get to see the full picture

We should prob do a local dyno day before summer talk to you on whatsapp

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 2
ceedawg467.50
badbread332.50