View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #66
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I think we are suffering from first world problem. Our basic needs and wants are already met x2 over. Even if were to suffer a financial set back which would cause us to lose our precious BMWs, it wouldn't matter that much. Many people will still have other assets. You may have to "suffer" driving a Toyota for a while or ask grandma to watch the kids, have dandelions on the front lawn -- oh what will the neighbors think.
The issue I’m discussing is not with a specific brand. Toyota also has 69 month loans, I imagine. . And there is no “1st World” when these same cars have parts and are assembled in “3rd World” countries. The system is one world. We exploit cheap labor in other countries then we fleece our own people in our country when we sell it beyond its intrinsic value. Once we stop giving value to these things, we will see a fundamental shift. You’ll laugh at the idea of a “rare” M2 CS with a $20k markup because you’ll know it’s not rare, your fun is regulated by strict road laws, and it TOO will be worth a fraction of what it sold for. If we all abandon the need for a new car every 2-3 years because of individual insecurities, we gain our power back, avoid debt. And working at your awful job will no longer be an obligation because you have a lower need to pay down chit you don’t need. You’ll have more time to travel, family, health, and creative explorations we put aside because we have an M4 payment due every 28 days.
Appreciate 1