bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Since you have the N55, you may not notice much difference, it's mainly with the B58 you will notice a difference. Because the throttle is more sensitive to input it can accelerate faster in some situations, but if you were to floor it you would get the same amount of power, as it does not increase the max horsepower and torque of the engine.
Indeed - it seems 335s as an example are mapped differently to 340s. Is kick down definitely disabled in sport+? If so is that because you'll be in a lower gear than when in sport, rendering it useless?
No it should kick down sooner unless you're already in the lowest possible gear for the speed you're going. Are you able to downshift manually? You may have to floor it past kicktown on the gas pedal to get the lowest gear. Also, when you brake hard you will notice it down shifting sooner as well so you have more power when exiting a turn. I think it does this in sport as well but maybe to a lesser degree so you should notice it on the 335 as well or maybe you'll notice it with the tranny in S mode. I think S transmission setting gives you sport plus shift logic in any mode.
Appreciate 1
Londoner168.00