01-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #129
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Sorry, off-topic a bit but I had a '55 reg Audi A3 2.0 TDi that needed it's little bottle oil ever 5k-6k miles...

...and it had lots of unscheduled visits to the dealer. In fact when I went to pick the car up (new) it had the wrong alloys on it, the centre caps were missing and believe it or not, the centre brake light was completely missing! They fixed it but I had to wait 2 hours, then a fortnight later it fell out and the dealer said they couldn't book the car in for a week and to tape over the hole in the meantime!! How's that for Audi quality & service
I'm surprised they even accepted that there was something wrong with the car.....missing parts? Pffffffft

And well done for stretching the oil out to 5-6k mine had a bigger oil habit. But seriously when I enquired, they firstly said it would improve, engine still new. Then as it got progressively worse, they whipped out an Audi tolerance book that clearly stated that only when it got to 1 litre every 1500 miles would they consider it excessive. Thankfully it was a fully expensed company car, as it required the most expensive Mobil 1 at £20+ a bottle.

Imagine my delight when Mercedes left a 1 litre Mobil 1 bottle on my seat after a service and that car never used a drop in between servicing.

That is why I will buy another Mercedes in future.....Audi?....not so much
Appreciate 0