View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Tint. If you are not a tint fan, get light ceramic tint. Still reduces heat, UV, IR without the darkening. Shades are helpful to the passenger and to parts of your interior, but other parts of your deck and door panels are still overexposed to the sun.

Kids like to play with the door shades and over time they'll likely break them.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about the durability as well and had the same thought that the shades will degrade and break over time. Thanks for the tip about ceramic shades. I will definitely look into this. I believe this option does not interfere with the antenna in the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4wknds View Post
The rear sun shade rises from the trunk (boot). I've absolutely no regret getting them and they've helped with So Cal sun this past summer. Look is very clean when all are retracted.
I saw a video on the. E90 with the same. This is a deal breaker for me as the rear shade is either all on or off. I am not getting much for paying so much for a button in the arm console and two wiper blades that haul up a screen. If it was adjustable i might have considered it.

I think the tint will look nicer and i am now leaning towards that. In my current car the sunroof has a dark tint and i never get burn or feel overexposed in the harsh aussie sun (remember we have the hole in the ozone layer above us to contend with).

I think all the great feedback here has saved me a bit of money and i will go for the tint instead. I reckon the rear passengers should get that same sunroof feeling of have light over their heads without the burn

Btw will the process of tinting damage the antenna or affect it? I saw videos where they use heat to complete the adhesion.

Really appreciate the input fellas!

Last edited by CKau; 11-17-2012 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Spelling of light
Appreciate 0