View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 10:56 PM   #5468
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masum2004 View Post
Thanks again for responding. Just to clarify, when the car is not on reverse the front camera is always on? Or am I getting it wrong. If I'm using the MMI for navigation, phone call will they work and show on the screen.

I only need it when parking on tight space or parking against raised pavement in the front.

How do I activate the front camera, does your's activate with PDC?

Sorry if I sound a bit clueless/deaf here.

Appreciate your time and help.
Are you using the Roadtop unit AND the Bimmertech MMI?
I have an aftermarket front camera and the Andream unit which is supposed to be like the Roadtop unit. No PDC front or rear.

When cycling in reverse the rear camera turns on along with the dynamic parking lines. When moving to D, the front camera cycles on for the amount of time you designate in the menu, and then goes back to the CarPlay screen.

At the moment there is no way to manually engage the front camera on its own like the Bimmertech MMI unit which is different than the Bimmertech CarPlay unit.

There’s some older posts several pages back where another user ran their module in series with what I’m guessing is a Bimmertech MMI unit, however I tried using their suggestion with my Bimmertech screen mirroring/backup camera module with no luck.

Bimmertech make a lot of products so will need to be careful on the naming or terminology used lol.
Appreciate 0