01-13-2021, 07:28 PM   #52
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
An unqualified yes from me. The restrictions necessary to protect the vulnerable are too damaging to continue long term and it needs most of us to have the vaccine to be able to move on - I will take any small risk around efficacy changes due to delay of getting second shot or side effects as a small price to pay to help the majority get their lives back.

Its not all about me, you see.....
The only real side effects are a very slim chance of an allergic reaction with 5-15 mins. We are handling that by observing all of the hospital and med school staff for 20 mins after the vaccination. We also have Benadryl and epinephrine on site.

We are a charity hospital and med school and are the official vaccine distribution center for our citizens in this part of the state. Thus as part of our service mission we are vaccinating the 65 and older crowd right now. We are doing vaccinations in their cars and then keeping them around for 20 mins to monitor for issues. We have trained nurses and Docs to resolve any problems.

The other reported issues are headaches, mild fever, pain at the site of injection, malaise, fatigue, mild body aches the next day or two or maybe even three for some. There have been no other issues with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines that we are aware of or have been reported. Essentially all side effects occur quickly within mins or within a few days to a week or so after vaccination. Nothing but else has been noted in the 10's of million already vaccinated.
Appreciate 6
planemad771.50
SkyJawa3717.50
Watsey6403.50
Harryg276.00
Russbmw680.00