View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 05:54 PM   #43
lebaaron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni_titi View Post
Yeah you must be right, following your logic I guest you replace your wheel bolt every time you change your wheel? they are the only link between your car and the road they are super critical item . Do you replace your wiper blade every time you use them, after all they are the only part that allow you to see something in the rain, pretty critical.

Do you really think that replacing a bolt that is totally fine will gave your more security/reliability ? In the real world mecanic in automobile or industrial world reuse fastener all the time if they dont show sign of fatigue, rust or degradation.

Fastener (most of them) are made to be reuse, they dont loose their strenght just by torquing them 2-3 time.

It's your money but their no gain by replacing fastener that dont need to be replace. Why fix something that isn't broken.

If you want you can send me the cash you would have spent on new bolt with a picture of your existing bolt and I will cetified them
I get Wat your saying and everybody is free to do whatever they want... that's the beauty of it....do you re-use gaskets as well?... I'm curious
Appreciate 1
BWbimmer276.50