View Single Post
      01-20-2021, 02:09 PM   #169
Fuse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
Apparently according to a recent survey only 44 per cent of people said they would follow the rules of social distancing and hygiene after vaccination. Gotta love the Brits haven’t you.
That's been my worry recently, the more people that get the vaccine the more difficult it will be for those that haven't yet had it. Some people will simply ignore the rules entirely once they're vaccinated, others will carry on sticking to the rules and the rest are somewhere in the middle. Maybe they just let their guard down a bit, it's only natural, and start doing a few more things they weren't before. That trip to the shops you don't currently make because of the risk, well once you've had the vaccine maybe you're just not quite so cautious anymore.

The hope is that the vaccine reduces your ability to transmit the virus as well, but right now we just don't know for sure. If it doesn't then I can see a tough year coming up as those that have been vaccinated start getting back to normality and those that haven't stay couped up and are potentially unable to go in some places, attend certain events or go on holidays as they don't have a certificate to say they're all fine.

I love attending summer festivals (Download & Bloodstock) and I'm desperate for them to go ahead after being cancelled last year. My worry is that they do go ahead, but only for those who can demonstrate they've been vaccinated and I'm left having to go without again while some of my family and friends are able to attend. I know it seems trivial in the context of the amount of people that are losing their lives, but understandably after a year of this you're trying to find something good to look forward to again.
Appreciate 0