02-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #31
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by koch92 View Post
Thanks for the write up!

I'm in the process of doing mine, I have a problem with rear wiring loom. I went to dealer and they quoted me £230 for the whole loom!! So I got a random loom at a breaker that plugs into my sensors, however, it was cut short, so I extended it by adding extra wire and covering the connections with glue gun ( used tape in my old E87 and didn't work, but after using glue gun it worked fine) Now I'm confused when it comes to connecting it to the REM, as you have mentioned you have a wire for each sensor and 2 for power? I assume that all the power wires to the sensors are shortened to only + and -? Also where do you get the brown plug, and my BMW is F20 do you think it will be the same E Sys changes? Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks
There should be a total of 6 wires, 1 data line from each sensor plus the power and the ground which in the loom are split and run to each sensor. The brown connector is 1 part of the 2 connectors in that specific REM plug, just with the cover removed to be able to add/remove wires.

F20 should be the same as F30 as far as coding changes, however just to make sure, did your REM have the correct pins for the PDC?
Appreciate 0