View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 06:43 AM   #175
BettyFkinCrocker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
No I speak with over 16 yrs of working experience IN the automotive field. I am a certified Engine Builder, I hold a certification from Mid Florida Technical Institute for Engine assembly and performance, I am also ASE certified in engine performance and repair (among other certifications)
AKA, worked on your neighbors lawn mower. Let's even assume everything you say is 100% true, it only serves to discredit the validity and legitimacy of those "certifications" due to the willful ignorance and misinformation you spew on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
Unlike YOU who barely has enough knowledge or dexterity to start your neighbors lawn mower, respectively go fuck your self ������
And every line you type only proves my points further. Zero relevance or substance to your claims followed by a toddler like reaction. In an effort to maintain the subject at hand and not allow you to derail, our bullets so far are -

Timing chain/guide failure IS a verified issue. No debate considering BMW has confirmed this themselves.
  • Chicken or egg - whether the chain stretching or guides failing are the root cause is yet to be 100% determined
  • Slack in the chain doesn't really indicate anything
  • Cost for a shop to replace is pretty significant, roughly $2000-$3000 usd.
  • Some have distinct symptoms before failure, some see/hear nothing at all
  • Lincs anecdotal inaccurate misinformed opinions can be ignored

I think I've covered most if not all the important points...