Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamporkchop View Post
The feedback from the dealer is that:

- Dinan software hasn't been made to work with "some" models - whatever that means.
- Dinan has experienced issues in 1/3 of attempted installs - this is a SIGNIFICANTLY higher failure rate than I've read about in other threads.

Dinan Tech Team - I know you troll these threads - would love to hear your feedback!!
I believe you got a bit of misinformation from the dealer on the failure rate. It's more like a 1-2% failure rate but regardless it does happen on occasion.

The failures however are very odd. The install takes and the car is happy... until you restart the vehicle and a stability fault code pops up. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the cars that are adversely affected as the variables for each of the cars we have seen have been all over the place. We are constantly attempting to figure out what may be causing the issue as new theories arise but we felt that penalizing the 99% of the users that Shockware currently works for would not be in the interest of our customer base as a whole.
Appreciate 0