01-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #67
BMRSEB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 SR+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRSEB View Post
To address the muffler delete question, since I recently did the muffler delete.. No, no check engine lights or any codes stored.. I just wrapped up the connector neatly and tucked it under the bumper.. There's a nice little "shelf" for it..

However, be prepared for drone at low speeds, high load and cruising! To the point where, I am considering putting the stock muffler back on and perhaps at some point getting the AA exhaust or similar.

At (cold) startup it sounds loud as hell, then drops down to a nice rumble, would be nice if this low rumble was the "stock" sound, post muffler delete.. I will miss the pops and crackles at gas let off, but growing tired of having to shift to combat drone..
Well, went ahead and did it! Put my muffler back on.. I guess le$$on learned.. lol.. I could not take the droning at low speeds and also when you give it (more) gas at higher speeds without downshifting..

I do miss the crackles and pops at "let off" though.. still there but much, much, more subdued.. At some point will consider complete exhaust/muffler options, AWE, MPE, etc..

Just a PSA for those considering muffler delete, my personal opinion of course..
Appreciate 0