08-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #18
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvac View Post
I've read that the m performance suspension kit is not compatible with the adaptive suspension. Getbmwparts also says this in their sale post in the classifieds section. So if you did get it installed you'd have to get the adaptive function coded out. I was interested in the kit myself but the lack of information in that regard turned me away. If anybody has installed the performance suspension on a car with adaptive dampers, I'd love to hear their experiences. Opinions on the kit are otherwise very positive
I'm sure the reason you mentioned (having to code out/use a delete kit) is the reason why BMW says the M-Perf suspension isn't compatible. It physically fits in RWD cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
Definitely not looking for a harsh ride but would like less body roll when cornering and something a more planted. I might just say F it and go Ohlins R&T.
Depends on how you want to address body roll. With sway bars you can use OE type springs/dampers. If you don't want to use sway bars, and use higher spring rates instead, the stiffness you'll need will push you to coilovers or custom tuned dampers territory and is more difficult to avoid harshness.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0