View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #10
440guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe xDrive MPPSK

AFAIK, stage 1 and MPPSK tunes aren't mutually exclusive with one another. MPPSK tune is its own thing as BM3 tune is its own thing. Stage 1 is the same tune between someone who doesn't have MPPSK and someone who does. Now as for the actual hardware, I don't know if there's any difference in behavior between MPPSK or not. Also, BM3 saves the initial MPPSK settings so you don't need to worry about detuning if you want to go back to stock.

I've found stage 1 to not be daily-able unfortunately. The power is awesome, but there's something to be said for how comfortable stock is. Stock is just so creamy whereas stage 1 feels unnatural and timed weirdly. The burbles even on OEM on stage 1 are way too intense too- had to dial them back considerably. I am definitely considering getting a high flow downpipe and new plugs just to try stage 2 out.

Happy to hear out anyone else who feels the same about stage 1 or if I'm doing something wrong. Love that power of stage 1, but love the comfort of stock more. Any comfort+ stage 1 tunes out there?
Appreciate 0