johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousn20 View Post
hey y'all, brand new here. i got a 2018 320i n20 a few years ago as my first car and i'm looking to start upgrading it. i only have 10k miles on it.

ideally, i'd like to run a stage 1 or 2 flash tuner. problem is, i don't want my parents knowing it isn't stock.

this means i can't get a catless dp and loud ass exhaust. apologize for being so new, but are there valve "covers" i can get so that it sounds stock when i start it in my garage? if so, i plan on going all out with a new inlet, intake, FMIC, charge pipe, etc.

any help would be very much appreciated, and no, getting a 328/335 is not an option lol.
I kept my car pretty much as a sleeper. It's amazing what you can do without anyone having a clue.

Guys in Camaros and Mustangs make the mistake of eyeballing my wife at red lights. I watch her casually flip the Sport Mode switch. When the light turns green, they become specks in her rear view mirror. A happy wife is very important!

Below are my suggestions:

BootMod3 Stage1 tune:
Most people don't realize that not only can you use BM3 to tune your exhaust louder, but you can make your exhaust quieter too! I turned my exhaust sounds off completely in BM3 so I don't even have the stock burbles. The only time it's loud is when i floor it, which is exactly what I want. Remember to buy the $20 installation cable. Takes 15 minutes to install BootMod3 from your laptop.

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...8;_ss=r?aff=22

Installation Video

Charge Pipe:
Technically not required on an N20 but it provides piece of mind. This FTP model has excellent fitment at a reasonable price and includes o-rings and clamps.

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...8;_ss=r?aff=22

aFe Pro Dry air filter:
Forget the loud intake. For about $80, this washable reusable filter will give you a power bump without the noise. Keeps it stealth!

Start with those three mods. You'll be very happy and parents won't suspect a thing. Later you can do other stealth items like Hawk 5.0 brake pads, StopTech stainless steel brake lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S4 tires in 245/40-18, Koni Special Active shocks, front strut tower brace.

Every one of those things will markedly increase the driving fun factor without drawing any attention at all!

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0