Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe90 View Post
Damn, those new LED tails look nice. I'll be damned if I waste the money to put them on my lease.

If its true that LED is now the option and Xenon is standard then I will be both happy and angry. Happy because I've said from the beginning that BMW should stop cheating out and make Xenon standard with LED as the option but pissed because I have the halogens
I was chatting to a dealer whilst the other half looked at the 2-Series Active Tourer the other week and we flicked through options books; the LED lights are the replacement for Xenons (due to cost and function improvement) I was told and (annoyingly) you have to spec the LED lighting package to get the adaptive headlights and high bean assist etc etc despite the fact that this is all available on the Xenons (obviously). The option was still nearly £2k! Surely if Xenons become standard you should be able to option the lighting package at a reduced cost as you already have the units?

On the note of LED, not sure until I see them in the flesh what they're like. They are supposed to be the closest to natural daylight you can get. And as long as the projectors are a decent set up the beam pattern is as good if not better than xenon projection (I did read previously somewhere that the LED beam was a bit scattered and didn't actually give a better 'drivers view'). The current upgraded lighting with Xenons is absolutely spectacular!

Still. How 'standard' will they really be... Just means another hike in base cost? #Cynic
Appreciate 0