View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #209
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

I can't wait to see your logs. I'm curious to see what your AFRs, timing and fuel rail pressure look like. From everything I've read and discussed with other tuners, the stock fuel pumps just can't keep up with the amount of air mass flowing at 20-22PSI, leaning out the mixture. Also, I believe pushing the stock turbo to that level may be putting a lot of strain on the compressor. I'd love to see the compressor maps for the stock snail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Quoting part of my conversation with Active Autowerke:
"On N55 we’ve made about 440hp safely without additional upgrades to the fuel system (only upgraded 3.5bar tmap sensor). Anything more than that and you’ll need port injection or a piggyback. With fuel-it port injection and an Active-8, we’ve made about 530hp. Another problem at these power levels is excess heat. "

So while I don't know if I will ever change out the turbo, I feel I am well within reasonable parameters with sensible supporting upgrades like the TMAP and the diverter + that literally just arrived.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0