10-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #7
TheBreeze
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
First, comparing n54 (twin turbo) psi numbers to n55 (single turbo) is almost comical.

Are you 100% there was a successful flash? Something seems off.

There was also no baseline done for stock, so this dyno is useless. Please try to do some more research before spreading slanderous information.
Slanderous? I posted a dyno and a log, I didn't just make up a story. How exactly is that slanderous? I'm an experienced bmw enthusiast, not some noob who doesn't know what he's talking about, and I loved the MHD tune on my n54, which is why i opted for this tune as opposed to bm3. Comical? I spent considerable time at the shop this afternoon and looked at all sorts of dyno results on n55 ewg cars, numbers in line with n54 motors are absolutely possible and quite common on ewg motors.

Clearly the tune took hold as is evidenced by the 13.5 psi boost targets. It's quite possible that this stage 1 tune is conservative on purpose. If that's the case, then it should have been marketed that way and I would have purchased the stage 2 tune instead. Clearly it's not as aggressive as the n54 tune, it's down 5 lbs of boost, which is why I suggested Mhd should produce a stage 1+ tune like they have on the n54. 13 psi boost targets are very conservative, and the dyno results bear that out.

I'm not bashing anyone, I'm merely sharing results and providing real data in the hopes this product will be improved. Would you prefer I not post real data so as to not upset anyone? I'm hoping MHD chimes in, because it's obviously to all our benefit to sort this out. I want this tune to work, and I'm sure MHD does as well. So let's stop with the insults and see what happens. Maybe we all learn something along the way. Peace.
Appreciate 13
IK6SPEED4488.00
ronanz1819.50
Taskmaster2465.00
SeanWRT3179.00
amw896582.50
B58togo808.50
nickf3078.00
RMNB365.00
E92only82.00