10-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #16
TheBreeze
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
This is why I hate these kind of quotes by tuners/sellers/fabricators. It let's them get away with even a minimal gain while advertising a huge gain that maybe they're car shop once got on 116 octane fuel and a bunch of other factors. Technically they gave you what they promised your car is running "UP TO" 370 crank HP. It doesn't say you should expect at least 370hp. Honestly on a completely stock car 317whp is not bad at all for the price. If you feel it isn't enough and you don't want to swap for a DP (I use Fabspeed catted with my MHD S2+ and no CEL and passed emissions test) then just swap Charge pipe and Intercooler and run Stage 2 map which should get you the 350whp and call it a day. You'll definitely notice a difference there.
Agreed on going to the base S2 tune, it's what I should have chosen from the get-go. MHD's own guidance on which map to use is inconsistent depending on where you look. In the user guide is says S2 is for HFDP or FMIC, in other places, it says HFDP is required. I'd hate to spend another $100 on the base S2 tune if it's not going to work, I'd be better off spending 200-300 on a custom from Wedge or Twisted and get exactly what I want. I'll just sit tight and wait to hear back from MHD, and then decide what to do once I have a chance to discuss wit them.