View Single Post
      11-26-2019, 08:44 AM   #210
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonnblack View Post
Are you logging in 4th, traction control completely off (long press on button) from 2.5k rpm to 6.5k or so?

The logs are a little difficult to read although it could be how mflasher logs. Your first few the timing correction especially on cyl 3 are a little crazy but the last one seems okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonnblack View Post
And the boost being in hpa is throwing me off as 2200 hPa is equal to about 31 psi.
yeah, took a while for me to get it clear in my head. they do things very differently with their units and logging parameters.

Looks like you have some throttle closures due to overboosting. Again, pretty typical. I guess no B58 tuner has it 100% dialed in for everybody. Also interesting that your boost targets increase to 20-21 psi but the turbo never gets there. It stops between 18-19psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_B5X View Post
So I got around to buying 100% methanol from my local dragstrip and decided to do a 75/25 Meth/Water mix and test it out with my custom tune (Tuned for E30 + 50/50 Meth/Water). My rail pressure has been dropping pretty bad with E30, so I tried E20 + the 75/25 mix, here are the results.

3rd Gear Log:
https://datazap.me/u/richmichael97/w...54-55-56-57-58

4th Gear Log:
https://datazap.me/u/richmichael97/w...54-55-56-57-58

Currently running 504cc ProMeth Nozzles. I just Ordered 755cc ProMeth Nozzles and starting to wonder if i'll even need E85 with the increased methanol concentration.
Looks really strong bro. 20+ psi and 16° advance is niiice. I'd just say pay attention to your partial throttle timing and make sure you have nice, progressive mapping on the meth kit. The octane will definitely compensate for less ethanol, but when you spray and how much you spray will keep it happy in scenarios that aren't full-throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
My OTS e30 logs generally had very clean timing, consistent between cylinders, but maxed out around 15 degrees.
Boost was very similar.

It is also interesting that 6th gear in the auto maxed out about the same speed as 4th in the manual gearbox.
Yeah our 4th is ridiculous. I've never had a car where 4th gear went over 120, much less up to 140. It does make logging more difficult.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0