02-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
GoranBonn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwong325 View Post
I have the EXACT same problem.

I admit I did use Carly BMW app/module and changed a few settings, but I reverted them all back, including GPS time, true speed (that doesn't work in US models anyway).

I will add that on occasion the Nav does "work", subjectively, I'm guessing it's when the car is "warm" and been driving for 20+ minutes. I know that sounds absolutely insane, but I can repeat it. Every morning, enter destination, works a few seconds, freezes, reboots. By the time I almost reach my destination, I punch destination in again, no hang. When I return home, I purposely don't enter a destination, by the time i'm close to home, I enter a destination, again no hang.

Hopefully someone has some insights.
I had a similar thing with NBT navigation. On winter mornings it would spontaneously reboot during driving, regardless of navigation or address entry. In my case it wasn't happening when the car was cold, but rather after about 20 minutes of driving. My theory is that it was during the rapid warming up due to cabin heating that would crash the system. In warmer days or during summer was always rock solid.

Never solved it as it super difficult to reproduce, could only be fixed by swapping the whole unit, and it's a lottery for how the new unit would behave anyway.
Appreciate 0