View Single Post
      08-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #1462
Red-i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i

just purchased and flashed stage 1 91 last night. I flashed from my samsung s9, using enet cable and a usb-c to ethernet adapter.

it worked perfectly, and only took about 5 minutes. a good tip is to download the map you are going to flash, and then flash it from your downloaded maps. this way, it's not using the internet to download and flash at the same time, which speeds things up a lot.

the car is so fast now (using petro canada 94). the throttle is pretty sensitive in comfort/sport/sport +. I wish the throttle was a little more gradual in comfort, starts off ok and then just launches, if you're not careful, but it's not really a big deal.

I did get my software IDs and sent them to PTF before I purchased, just to check and make sure. definitely recommend folks to do that before buying. PTF is really quick on their support tickets and get back in an hour or two, even late at night they got back to me right away.

at this point i'm not sure what gas I should run, what i can get away with etc. I assume if i run the stage 1 93 map, i should stick to petro 94, but with the 91 map, should i stick to 93+? can i get away with costco 91 from time to time?
Appreciate 0