View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #23
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason you chose Adam's over CarPro for the SiO2 sealant in conjunction with the coating?
I haven't done a ceramic coating before, but i was concerned with both installation and correction for ceramic coatings. so i went with adams polishes sealant based on one of the videos from the guy i posted showing that their sealant lasted the longest out of the ones he tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK92 View Post
I’m a sealant and wax person as well. I used Meguiars polish and then Adam’s sealant and wax and mine has lasted a decent amount of time. I do park my car in the garage and use a good soap and detail spray after washing. Outside of the car is still smooth as butter.
This is my exact process as well. When I do park outside in the rain it beads nicely. But after a wash, the rinse water does not sheet like it used to. It sloooowly comes off of the sides/rear and it completely sticks to the hood. I just applied it back in May. the sheeting was noticeably degraded after about 3 washes. I also try to do the "flooding" technique to get most water off my car before drying with a towel, and it is less and less effective every time.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0