08-19-2019, 12:18 AM   #24
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I'm still anxious about what will happen next year for me. Considering I purchased the car when I was in a different state (Kentucky) from a dealer that was out of state (California) and now live in Ohio, I wonder if I should start talking to dealers now and developing that relationship? I'm assuming it doesn't matter who I complete the purchase through, but I also plan on buying my lease based on my track record and current attachment to the car. And I'm not going to get a G22 since they won't have a manual option. I also have a 30k lease, but i'll be teetering on 15k based on my current driving record.

I'm *hoping* my current dealer jumps in the mix so I can work with someone local. Although setting up the lease with the california dealer was not difficult at all. I just wouldn't mind getting a long term relationship set up now that I'll probably be here for the long haul.
Doesn't make a difference which dealer it is - its the current deal BMW Financial is doing, $4k off the 2016 models, just like they did with the 2015's. Yeah, the mileage is the thing really. I just can't really stomach cutting BMW a check for $2k and handing them the keys to my car. And I still love driving it etc. so I figure I can do 3-4 more years in it max, have a little equity in the car and trade up at that point.

I don't see keeping the car until the wheels come off though cuz I'm sort of gunning for a soccer mom SUV type deal lately. Just getting a little annoyed with having a trunk that basically fits nothing besides groceries and luggage, limited utility and totally minimal ground clearance where I have to almost come to a stop when I pull into a driveway or something for fear of scraping the front bumper skid pad.

I give it 2 years. Another reason why I have no interest in extended warranties or any of that because I will prob get rid of it around 60-75k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Even if your lease-end was well within your lease allowance and there was no damage, I would still buy out the car over one that is cheaper by a few thousand dollars just for the peace of mind alone, knowing the cars history vs. saving a few thousand on a car that you wouldn't know how it was treated or maintained.
Yeah I think its worth paying a slight premium to keep 'my car' vs. some random car on the lot. And its sheer laziness as well; I would just like to keep driving my car and not really have to deal with it.

I do have a lease end pre-inspection on the 26th that I'm going to keep just to see exactly what they'd try to nail me for and kick some tires while I wait.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1

Last edited by Kafkaesque328; 08-19-2019 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0