View Single Post
      05-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
TankerJoe
My other car is a... M1A2SEPv2 Abrams Tank
United_States
Rep
Drives: One Blue BMW

F32 EBII Munich delivery, 13 May

The wait is finally over. I took my wife to Munich on the train to pick up my long-awaited 428i earlier this week. I took three days of leave to make the trip to Munich and return to Wiesbaden, and then a whole separate day to enjoy a day-long drive up the autobahn to a great destination along the Rhine river.
In Munich, we took the plant tour and visited the Welt. Seeing 3 and 4 series BMWs pressed, painted, and assembled was amazing. The cool thing is that my wife seemed to be more impressed than I was. Kudos to Wolfgang Voss, our BMW delivery expert at the Welt. He was enthusiastic, patient, and very professional. I recommend him to anyone going on an ED.
The trip was spectacular, and the car is a blast to drive!
On my third day, I unintentionally drove along the back roads from Rheinbollen to Bacharach and into the Rhine gorge. It was mid-day Wednesday and for the last 20 kms to Bacharach there wasn't another car on the road. I put the 4'er into Sport mode and enjoyed every minute of the barely two lane road with six hairpin turns and a 10% grade at times.
It handled the curves and downgrade as advertised.
I'll post more pics and scenic sights soon.
- Tanker Joe
Attached Images

BMW Car Club of America member #491133
Appreciate 0