View Single Post
      07-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #46
eugene89us
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 328d

I am a bit far from California. My station of choice is Kroger. First, you get 10c/gal discount for every $100 you spend at store, so since I refuel once every 2 weeks, I usually rack up 20-30c/gal discount. Don't recall how it was in CA, but probably a quarter of vehicles here in MS are huge diesel pickup trucks and most Krogers are near large interstate highways inside cities, so they get a bit of turnover. Have exclusively used them for diesel since 2014. I do about 60 HWY, 40 city - at least 600 miles on upper 14+ gallons. I try not to get to "Refuel" chime, but often get to "Fuel Reserve" chime. Probably not the best idea, as fuel cools pump components and best not to run her dry.

As it comes to other folks' driving here, my pet peeve is 80% of drivers here do not use their turn signals. Makes me extremely aggravated. And I saw a guy at the traffic light yesterday eat his breakfast on a paper plate with a fork. We need to become more like Europeans (especially Scandinavia) where almost everyone uses turn signals, both hands on wheel, and obey all distraction warnings.
Appreciate 0