View Single Post
      10-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #173
Nitz99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i Sport

So it looks like I got this working as new text messages that come in while I'm in the car and the phone is locked do show up on the idrive screen. I do have a couple of questions - has anyone tried to use the "call" option when reading a text message from one of your contacts? This doesn't seem to work for me. For example I'll get a text message and then go to telephone > messages > select the new message and upon seeing the message on my screen there is a "call" option in the left column. I would have thought that this would call back the person who texted you but it seems to dial a random 5 digit number which then gives you the "sorry this call cannot be completed as dialed" message after a couple of rings. Has anyone been able to get this to work? My second question is about the messages on the iPhone - once I read them on the idrive system they do not get marked as read on my iPhone (meaning the audible notification sound will go off several more times on the phone after reading the message on idrive because the phone doesn't realize the message has been read). This may be the way the system is supposed to work but I just wanted to make sure I had everything setup properly and that there was no way to configure it to mark the message as read on the iPhone after reading them using idrive.
Appreciate 0