View Single Post
      09-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #77
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbferrari View Post
you guys can bite me. I spent 24 years in the military, and the last 16 of them were in the reserves. I worked a day job 45-50 hours a week, was a Navy Reservist AND started my own company transporting cars so I could save up enough to buy a 30k Ferrari. I have paid more for TWO of my BMW's than I did for my Ferrari so I KNOW how you feel spending this much money on a BMW because I am in the same boat. I just choose to spend my free income on a Ferrari. Many of you guys probably ski, or golf, or go to concerts or do tons of other things with your money that I don't do. I worked my ass off to save enough so I could choose to have a Ferrari.

If you guys want one, the Mondial's can be found in the 20k range right now. Not every Ferrari cost 100k to purchase.

You guys make a LOT of assumptions here...just my .02.

My point about driving a BMW or any car for that matter is that cars NEED to be driven. I try to drive my work truck on the weekends to keep the miles down on my BMW too, but they are cars and I never said people should drive them 20k miles a year, but letting them sit in the garage isn't healthy for them.

this is how the conversation goes:

"Do you daily drive your car?"

Me: No. I have another car to drive for grocery runs and crappy weather.

"Seriously? Why are you leaving your car in a garage? It's meant to be daily driven! I drive my car 20k a year and it doesn't skip a beat! You guys are letting your cars waste away!"

so who's making the assumptions?

like i said, maybe there is a disconnect between some people but I don't have to treat my car as an appliance (i.e. just another mode of transportation) in order to appreciate it. if that means driving it only putting 5000 miles a year on it, there's apparently a buttload of butthurt people that take offense to that. but i have a car that's barely worth it's yearly insurance payment to beat on. and i'm loving it
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0