First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzBmer_N2o View Post
I just mentioned the sources, especially Project Farm please check them out and rant your hate on his comment section. And while your on this subject, show me proof that Amsoil dosen't work....
I don't think anyone's saying it doesn't work, just that many are skeptical that the increased cost is worth it. LSPI can affect direct injected engines, but it seems exceedingly rare in BMW engines. No one is saying Amsoil products are garbage, just that it seems most would do just as well using any of the cheaper LL-01 alternatives and an OE Mann filter.

Again, to each their own. If putting expensive oil in your car makes you sleep better at night, by all means.
Well Fleet mentioned that no BMW has any LSPI from cracked piston's, there is one use on here that had a cracked piston, and probably many more as like in the TC problems. Pretty sure they are all related to the viscosity of the Oil used in over time, but hey i am not an engineer so well just leave that to the debate for those guy's that are. His comments came off as condesending, thas the reason why i am being sarcastic myself (sorry from Jersey). I can tell from just my butt dyno, i have just changed the oil to my other two cars (13' Corolla & 18' Rav4) w/ Amsoil filter and oil and can feel the difference so that is good enough for me and way better than any Dealership or Indie shop is going to do...