View Single Post
      03-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #17
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
JB4 has no connections to MAF, no connections to wastegate, etc. It is unable to 'bend' signals it isn't connected to. Please tell us how it keeps a plausible MAF reading.
The JB4 attaches to the wastegate signal for higher boost maps that would throw plausibility out of range, using CANbus which connects it to every sensor and computer on the car, and it's other connections, it's able to manipulate airmass recordings. If it didn't manipulate them the vehicle would throw a limp mode every time you floored it from "airmass too high".

It's funny that every few months this is a "new" topic. The JB4 has been out since 2008 and every time I've heard of someone claiming they were "detected" after removal there always turns up additional details to blame. Meanwhile, there are 100s of posts of no detection when removed. Compared to flash tune where the only people not flagged are those whose dealership didn't bother to document them (due to friendship) or tech who was too lazy to check. Any major warranty claim almost always denied even after flashed to factory and I get regular accounts of lease trade in denied, CPO denied, etc, due to flash.
Appreciate 0