View Single Post
      09-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
HKD126
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Epic DIY - a lot of good info here although I have just finished harassing PTF and TorqByte myself - Alex is great

And here is how I have designed my fail safe. Boost solenoid patch from JB4 (can buy this alone from BMS). Relay that is default open and then the GPO to default closed. This way if anything fails boost will be cut even if its the CM5-LT itself or the relay

BTW - a TMAP patch can be used from BMS also if you dont want to tap into the factory harness.
This is exactly what I was planning on doing. I found the EWG harness on the BMS website and this strategy was posted in TorqByte’s tech blog. Just haven’t gotten around to finishing it or updating this post yet due to me traveling for work.

What are you using to trigger the GPO? Are you going off of a range of pump current draw for scenario of blocked line or empty tank?

Would you mind posting where you drew power from for the relay, how you did it/type of fuse used, where you installed your relay, how you ran the GPO wire if your CM5LT is inside the cabin, and so on? Let’s make this make this as comprehensive as possible for future users and abandoners of the JB4.

Where did you find the TMAP patch from BMS? I’m bummed now that you said that and I tapped the factory wiring! Ha. Oh well.

Last edited by HKD126; 09-06-2018 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0