10-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and tuned my EWG RWD 8HP with MHD stage 1 tune. I had great success with the stage 1+ tune on my n54, so figured what the heck, I might as well go with something I know. I was expecting the results to be close to what I achieved on my n54. Both cars were mostly stock with just an upgraded CP, 93 pump gas, and both cars were running pretty much in tip top shape. On the N54, I got roughly 360whp/395wtq. On the F30 it pulled a measly 317whp/347wtq. Needless to say, I pretty disappointed, and am regretting not going with a different tune. I data logged, and everything seems to be in order, though I'm pretty surprised boost is capped at just 13.5, as it was 18.5 on the n54 platform. Not sure what to think at this point, perhaps MHD needs to release a stage 1+ tune for this platform, since I have no interest in going to a catless DP. I was expecting this thing to do at least stock M2 numbers, it was no where close, as s stock M2 pulled like 350/360 immediately after my pull.

Here's a datalog:

https://datazap.me/u/thebreeze/f30-n...17-18-19-20-21

Here's the pathetic dyno pulls:
Stock M2 is putting down 350-360 WHP????
you do realize that numbers advertised from BMW are not WHP, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
First, comparing n54 (twin turbo) psi numbers to n55 (single turbo) is almost comical.

Are you 100% there was a successful flash? Something seems off.

There was also no baseline done for stock, so this dyno is useless. Please try to do some more research before spreading slanderous information.
Agreed with no base line dyno numbers you have very little ground to stand on!

Get some stock base dyno numbers and repost your findings.