12-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #262
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sµpreme View Post
Alright, update on the MHD/JB4 saga.
I yanked the JB4 and reflashed back to stock via MHD, then flashed to the stage 2 E30 OTS map. (side note, man the wifi adapter makes that a breeze. Wish I had known it was an option when I first purchased MHD because it's only like 10 bucks more than the K+DCAN cable from bimmergeeks.

Here are the first 3 pulls at operating temp after the flash to the E30 map. Interested in your thoughts because my butt dyno didn't register much. Car felt like stock at 50% throttle from stoplight to stoplight when getting up to operating temp and WOT pulls weren't anything write home about.
Do the MHD OTS maps learn/adapt over time? Do I need to do some additional pulls to see additional gains?
Yep, the only thing I see are the fuel pressure drops. Likely because you are spiking 18+psi. It seems like 16-17 is the safe zone for us on stock fuel system, I'm just not sure why downpipes seem to prevent B58s from controlling boost efficiently. Everyone with a catless downpipe since the JB4-only days get the boost spikes and throttle closures.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0