Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfus Aurelius View Post
Anybody tried the Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax yet? I've seen it at WM, about $17 a bottle. Does it work like a wax-as-you-dry product, or is there special prep involved?
Just used it yesterday.
I did water rinse off -> waterless wash -> iron X/sonax wheel cleaner plus -> wash off -> HCM apply as i dry -> second application of HCM with the water spray method -> dry/buff with waffle weave

I think my paint was in good enough condition to not need a claying.
TBH I'm not too anal about keeping my paint in tip top condition, since it already has chips and stuff here and there.

Now, it rained today (knew this would happen and that is why I wanted to do it yesterday) and damn. Water beading is crazy. The shine is not there like traditional actual ceramic coating, but water just beaded and rolled off like I have not seen before. By the time I got to my work, my car barely had any water left on it.
BUT I can't really speak for how long it lasts though.

Also, Walmart near me is ilke 13~14 bucks. Seems that way for all Walmart around me for 50 miles.

I pretty much killed the whole bottle with that two applications though. But I think it's safe to say that I'll be getting it and do like a monthly top up or something.
Thanks for letting us know. I will give it a try too - seems worth it.
Appreciate 0