View Single Post
      07-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #28
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
When confronted with tint that is too dark an officer will ask you to roll all 4 windows down. Also, the flashlights they carry can easily penetrate and light up the interior with the technology that's out there today. To me having too dark of a tint is a hinderance for me as the driver. I'll be getting mine done legally with darker in the back to where I'm comfortable. I do wish I could get at least 50% in the front for summers. Coming from Florida tint can be life or death with black interior.
Valid to a degree. Not every car stopped complies with a a request from the stopping officer. That still leaves the officer walking up to the stopped car. Using a flashlight can only illuminate so much of an interior but by the time one walks up and uses the light there is a moment when that officer's heart is racing. My daughters boyfriend is a beat cop in The Bronx and my brother is a NYPD detective. hearing horror stories first hand is scary. Sad but as evidenced by yesterday's execution of a NYPD officer, some people out there feel it is their job to take out cops.
Appreciate 0