11-14-2017, 11:35 PM   #15
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HAM would never agree to be team mate with MAX .
Because MAX is too good for HAM and Horner knew that , that's why Horner said MAX is like a dog with a bone on a circuit !

Like we heard the Red Bull money was sweet for MAX , and actually he deserves it .
On the other hand , I would love to see MAX in a Merc ..and along HAM
I can see how Ham wouldn't want Max to be his team mate ... but I kinda think his ego would welcome the challenge. Just to try and show the youngster why he's a 4x champ. But with that ... I'm sure it would become as toxic as every one of Ham's team mate relationships.

The thing is Max is such a talent I can't see Niki Lauda or Toto Wolff, for that matter, letting an opportunity to get Max pass for too long regardless of Ham's wishes. Heck, Lauda almost fired both Ham and Rosberg when they took each other out last year. And him being 10% owner of the team ... I'm sure that carries a bit of weight ... plus Merc is a team first organization. IMO, Merc thinks Max is still a bit young and reckless, regardless of his talent ... plus they weren't willing to pony up the monies Red Bull was willing to fork over to keep their guy. So Max re-upped with Red Bull, especially after the abysmal season he had due to unreliability, for a big payday.

With Ferrari signing Kimi so early, I doubt they had much interest in Max for the same reasons ... OR Vettel used his veto power to nix the deal (although I heard that Vettel didn't have veto power this season ... however I take that with a grain of salt).

I'm thinking what happens with Ricciardo the end of next season will end up shaping where Max lands next. I definitely don't see Ricciardo staying with Red Bull ... I'm not sure he'd be fine playing second fiddle to Vettel ... but I don't really see him as a "Merc" kinda guy ... although I believe he'd have the perfect temperament to be Ham's team mate, and would definitely be an upgrade to Bottas.

I guess we'll see soon enough. Already looking forward to next season.
Appreciate 1