View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
CntryClub007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Nice, CC007! Very helpful actually for someone who's never been there. If you see a Melbourne Red M240i w/ the matte black M Performance rocker panel decals, be sure to come say hi!
Totally! Your car will have plenty of power to have fun, just make sure you have a good brake pad and new fluid. Your OEM's are going to fade after 10 turns. You should be fine from an engine / oil cooling perspective.

Losing brakes isn't fun, but it's something I encourage you to try and better understand the limit of with no other vehicles around you. When you do start to reach that point, mentally slow down and understand that you can't push further, your brakes need to cool down at that point and be smart on the course. I fly a lot of airplanes and see people do dumb shit, for example "gotta get there itis"...be smart out there, this isn't the Indy 500.

These HPDE events are also great because you get full track at Autobahn. I would never do half circuit, full track is the right experience.

I'm not an auto-cross / parking lot kind of guy, road course is where it is at.

What pads are you running and how old is your brake fluid? Lastly, what tires are you running?

IMO, for these things, to occasionally have fun at these things, you really need:
-Brake (Pad and Fluid)
-Tire
Appreciate 0