10-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #101
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I have to agree with southlight on this one. To say that BMW has 'lots its way' based on how the car looks or what color trim it has its a bit off the target IMO. I would only say a BMW lost its mark based on how it drives and if I have fun driving it or not.

The answer to that question will come after this car is released to the public IMO. But coming off the heels of the 1M, I have no doubts at all...

As for BMW becoming Toyota, hows that? Because of volume? I think the debate on that was long over, if BMW doesnt sell more volume it ceases to exist, you didnt forget that quickly what GM, Chrysler and Ford just went through right?
I'm not basing my words on looks. I'm basing my comments off of what BMW is doing. Becoming like every other car manufacturer out there. A BMW use to be special.

Toyota can sell all they want. They are a business, BUT trying to appeal to a wider audience and cutting corners isn't going to get you anywhere. I guess we will have to see what happens but I bet you BMW is heading down the same road GM/Chrysler went down. Heck, Even Toyota with the unintended acceleration. I'm not saying BMW will stop producing great cars, they're just not going to be as special anymore. I will be no different then the dude with a C350 Sport Sedan with AMG Package.
Appreciate 0