07-24-2016, 07:40 AM   #43
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Mod number 10: LCI AC trim with illuminated LED lighting

An interior upgrade mod.

Happen to stumble upon this Mod in the DIY section written by a very wise forum member named Dante!!!

Here's the link to his thread with all the details of it:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1165755

The youtube clip to remove the trim was quite handy, but it took me some time to try and figure out how to remove the OEM middle console panel (with all the buttons) from the OEM trim. I ended up using a credit card and various plastic membership cards from my wallet to pry open the clips. Once it came off, I inserted it into the new AC LCI trim, clipped it on and re-installed it. Dante goes through the connection of the Y-cable very well, and has also written up details of how to build one if you are keen. The AC LCI trim piece can be ordered through your local dealership. See the linked thread above for further details on the retrofit.

Word of advice: anyone who is gonna do this Mod, you gotta be patient, especially when unclipping the plugs, because they are a BITCH to remove!!! (some of them have tabs that hold it in, so don't just yank on it). Not a hard Mod, but can be frustrating.
Anyways, took some photos of the process with my rheumatoid arthritis shaky hands using the phone camera, so quality isn't great....
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
donkey464.00