View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 01:05 AM   #6
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangoz View Post
Hi guys, so to my dumb mistake i purchased an oem 442m wheels for my 2015 428i from my friend (he had a 435i msport and bought new set of wheels) and sold his old 442m to me (transferred his TMPS too) so i decided to put them on and transfer my 17" tpms to the new 19 rims. Then i arrived to Big o wheels to get them transferred and they told me that the 19 wont fit my car because of the new staggered setup (saying the car is programmed for my base setup) and somehow the new wheels can mess up my Traction control and ABS,etc basically mess my car up. Is this true? Or can I just straight change my wheels to the 442m?

Anyone has any experience with base 428i with 19" wheels? Any help would mean alot, im freaking out if changing my wheels will frick my car up

Heres the 442m wheels https://ibb.co/YXf6GtP
I'll start by saying that I'd be skeptical of a chain tire shop giving me technical advice about a car they likely have little experience with. Whether your car has wider back wheels or not should have no bearing on how traction control or ABS works on a rear wheel drive BMW.

I have a 2015 F32. Door sticker indicates a 17" square set up. The very first thing I did when I got it a few years ago was ditch the stock 17"s. Outside of some annoying road noise and a bumpier ride, there are no issues. I wouldn't sweat it.

19" Staggered OEM M403s
Bridgestone S001 RFTs
225/40/19 Front
255/35/19 Rear

When you get your car realigned after the wheels go on, traction control may light up/throw some errors at the bottom of your gauge cluster and iDrive but should self adjust after a handful of city miles.

Cheers
Appreciate 1