Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen2014 View Post
Last update on this thread.

FCP has updated thier website and neither the pictures or the description on these are listed as "2 piece". Appears it indeed was, too good to be true.

Ah well, I did OEM rotors and Akebono pads last week and it seems good though I am surprised at the perceived decrease in initial bite. I've had a few times now where I've been concerned about them not working as expected but a little more pressure and they bite down better. I will try re-bedding them in the next couple of days and see how it goes.
Akebono are ceramic which have poor initial bite because they need to heat up to work. Hawk 5.0 pads have great bite.
Much of this thread is about two-piece rotors that are solidly attached. There is one actual floating 2-piece rotor in the stock size 370x30. Made by StopTech and special order. I got them in drilled with the anti-rust coating and the bite with Hawk 5.0 pads is amazing. The initial gold coating wears immediately off the swept surface but remains inside the holes and vanes. See photos.

Tried to attach photos but this Bimmerpost phone app is still buggy and won't attach the photos. Sorry!
Appreciate 0