fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
It's off at a bit of a tangent, but don't 40% of Americans live in a household with a gun? In the U.K. it's around 7% and the vast majority of those are shotguns. Consequently, guns are much harder to get hold of and are only used in 0.2% of crimes.

So the U.K. does actually have something going for it!!👍
I bet its actually higher than that... its probably in the 60% range and 40% have more than one gun in the house.

But considering the sheer number of guns here, America really has very little gun crime (we like to make a big deal about it)... 300+ million guns go every day without ever being used in a crime. It's something like 1% of 1% that ever actually gets used in a crime and something like 90% of those are stolen from law-abiding citizens. The numbers are really really tricky since it becomes such a hot charged topic, and rarely is data compiled without a bias.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Quote:
It's off at a bit of a tangent, but don't 40% of Americans live in a household with a gun? In the U.K. it's around 7% and the vast majority of those are shotguns. Consequently, guns are much harder to get hold of and are only used in 0.2% of crimes.

So the U.K. does actually have something going for it!!👍
I bet its actually higher than that... its probably in the 60% range and 40% have more than one gun in the house.

But considering the sheer number of guns here, America really has very little gun crime (we like to make a big deal about it)... 300+ million guns go every day without ever being used in a crime. It's something like 1% of 1% that ever actually gets used in a crime and something like 90% of those are stolen from law-abiding citizens. The numbers are really really tricky since it becomes such a hot charged topic, and rarely is data compiled without a bias.
Statistics hey?! Yes I know the majority of gun deaths are suicides too.

In the U.K. it's hanging. Grim whichever.

Have done some mental health work, there's a school of thought that says a lot of people who failed suicide attempts are glad. Which suggests that if you make it hard to do, people benefit.

Anyway, enough of that, stay safe all,
Agree with both. Majority of gun deaths in the US are from suicides and criminals. But everyone's probably well aware of how politics work so...

To the People saying OP should just leave, it's not that easy and most people living in third world countries don't have the luxury of just packing up and leaving.