Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F36_420i_sk8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Why dont you get the tune first?
Yes I can do that, I am just thinking that this fmic is too heavy for the n20 with 184hp. Do you think weight is a problem here considering I tune the car?
Otherwise I will probably RMA this fmic for the evo 1
The weight of a FMIC is not meaningful unless you are tracking. The biggest issue in your situation is the sizing and type of intercooler. The Wagner Competition EVO1 is a perfect choice for your car. Perfect sizing for your car's horsepower to prevent heat soak, and lowest turbo lag for your daily driving.

NOTE: be careful about just saying "EVO1" instead of "Competition EVO1". Guys often confuse the "Performance EVO1" and the "Competition EVO1" which are very different technologies. "Performance" means bar & plate. "Competition" means "tube & fin".

Wagner's naming convention can be confusing. Larger is NOT better. An FMIC properly sized for the horsepower (amount of intake airflow) of an engine will out perform a smaller FMIC that leads to heat soak, AND a larger FMIC that will introduce turbo lag (intake boost pressure drop).

If the stock FMIC is small in size, then EVO1 is medium, and EVO2 is large. The EVO3 is a monster for major tracking of a very high horsepower car. It requires car modifications to even fit.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 2