View Single Post
      01-30-2017, 05:35 AM   #40
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
I'm in the midle of this retrofit too, as I already have installed new SZL with power for vibrations and heating module, I bought heating button too and installed it. But I have a big problem with steering wheel. It has only 2 wires for heating. It doesn't have the 4 wires connector from the steering wheel to the heating module. Is there any way to install my self that NTC sensor that tels to ECU how mucht to heat?
Where do you get the heated wheel from? Is it the correct type for your car? AFAIK the current heated BMW wheels all have 4 wires.

Have you run the new power to the new SZL from the JBE (fuse box) also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortlock7 View Post
Hi guys,

I'd like some help if possible!

I understand contacting the control unit to the 12v power supply by picking up pins 1&3 on A83*3B, however I'm a little confused about everything else. How do you connect the button to the unit through the SZL? and does it have to connect to the fusebox? I'm not too up to speed with the abbreviations either (what is JBE?) so if anyone could run me through a step-by-step process of the entire thing I would be really grateful! Or even just a simple schematic/drawing of what wires connect where would help a lot.

Thanks in advance
It is fairly tricky. There is no power on A83*3B 1 and 3 they are just spares, you have to run new power from the JBE (junction box electronics) to the back of the SZL where it will be sent to A83*3B 1 & 3.

Then you can use that voltage on A83*3B 1&3 to power the heating controller.

The heating switch plugs into the back of the SZL, the heater switching is done over the LIN network on the car, it is not a simple electrical switch.

I have an F06 M6 Gran coupe which is slightly different to and F30 but almost the same.
Appreciate 0