View Single Post
      11-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #15635
chemicalx
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 & 328i

Newbie here and i set up a separate thread, but i am posting here in case anyone has seen this issue...

I've owned BMWs for quite a while and have lurked here, but signed up needing help. I have a 2014 328i F30. Recently, my radio control/head unit went on the fritz, leaving me with a BMW logo that would go black and reboot to a BMW logo. In reading, i came to figure out the issue and brought the car to the stealership, hoping it might be something else. It wasn't. They quoted me $2300-, which isn't happening. My local BMW repair guy said he'd do it if i got him the part. So, i found the part to be 65129270374, bought it off of Ebay and he installed it today. I had heard of coding and he said he did code it, but it seems he didn't. The radio works, but Bluetooth doesn't seem to work and Satellite radio is not an option. The guys at Bimmertech told me i need to 2 separate things done;

1) Radio needs to be coded to the car - $299
2) Satellite option needs to be coded as well - $299

Is this an accurate determination of where i might be right now? If so, is there a spot here where people can assist?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0