View Single Post
      01-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #10
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

The other very common thing on our cars, is that the wheels get bent fairly easily. if you steering wheel shakes back and forth quickly, left to right when going 70 and above, its likely a bent wheel or wheel balance off.

definitely get the wheel straightened or replaced if its bent. It will vibrate all the time and will actually cause premature suspension wear, plus the tire isn't flush with the outer part of the wheel if it's bent. Thats usually not an issue but you dont want to have the bead of the tire break loose while doing some spirited driving.

Your shop with a balancer can tell in 2 seconds when they spin the wheel if its bent. If you can go in the back of your shop to look at the machine when they are spinning your wheels it would be nice to see with your own eyes so you know what to look for in the future.

Whatever you do, don't let your shop convince you to leave the bend and just add weight to counterbalance the bend. Thats just a band aide and a bent wheel is a safety concern in my opinion.

Please post back your findings, I think I can speak for the guys on this thread to say that we are all curious what it is that's causing it.

Best of luck with it. If you have any questions feel free to PM or email me.
Appreciate 0