View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #27
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Seriously, Will have to chalk it up to different actual personal experiences but have lived in New Jersey, UK & NC without any real noticeable damage from typical daily driving.

Did about 28 years Jersey Shore to Wall ST. when I was in country, 25,000 miles a year in a 67 Stingray. Car went through a few engines but same deal nothing noticeable on the paint.
Around here, the only way you don't get rock chips is if you drive slow and give other driver's tons of space. There's construction everywhere, a myriad of lifted trucks with no mudflaps, and not a lot of bumper to bumper traffic outside of rush hour. So you tend to be moving at a good pace. But the only car we haven't had an issue with is our X5, and that car is a few inches higher and has plastic lower valances so pretty easy to stay clean.

Although I can't believe your other comment. I've spent a lot of time in NJ and refuse to believe that someone lives there and isn't an aggressive driver
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0