View Single Post
      11-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #43
ArthurKing1220
Private
Rep
Drives: REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by or0b0to View Post
I dunno man, I'm in the complete opposite camp on this one.

I want the sound of the exhaust to be as nonexistent as possible in the cabin... I want to either have quiet, or to hear my music, not a droning engine sound.

I'm glad the exhaust sound is toned down in these vehicles for how much power they deliver.

+1 I know that some people really care about "exhaust sound" but I've never understood it -- it just seems irrelevant to the equation. If the dynamics and performance of the car are where I want them to be I don't care if it sounds like a spaceship or an ice cream truck. Frankly, your position is best -- all else being equal, I'd like to not have too much intrusion into the cabin and I don't want to call too much attention to the car (then again, I've always loved sleepers so I admit my bias there.) Also, I think, from a social standpoint, loud pipes are asinine, at least in urban areas -- the need to proclaim your car's supposed "sportiness" should be restrained by a consideration for the many people out and about on the streets and sidewalks -- I don't want my car to contribute to some 4-year-old's hearing loss.
Appreciate 0