View Single Post
      11-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #41
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentgbr View Post
Attended an HPDE event at Thunderhill in Willows CA on 11/7/16. I'm a novice driver and this was my 5th time at TH, with two previous events each in a 2010 Porsche Carrera 6spd and a 2008 E90 335i auto. The 340i was stock except for square 18x8.5 ET35 Apex EC7's with Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec tires. Ambient temps were in the high 60's F, and I was able to get in seven 20min+ sessions for the day. The car performed well with no overheating issues, oil temp held steady at 235F - much different than my 335i, which would climb to 270F+ during a session. The brakes held up well also, but I was mindful of the stock pads and fluid. The suspension felt a little soft with some body roll, but overall I was happy with the grip and handling. Looking forward to some suspension and brake upgrades for next time.
Great looking car! Had I custom ordered, would have been the same color!

To your post, and to be clear, I am not saying that what I do - or anyone else for that matter - is right. But can say that a square set up is a no brainer. staggered on track in just wrong(unless you're in a 911).

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Having not seen what this car can do means I expect to have an eye-opening experience (previous in an unknown car have been snap-oversteer or a big push)

I'd prefer the latter to the former, but we'll see!!!
Appreciate 0